A peek into the studio, where I’ve been organizing and moving things around.
It started with the fabric stash, which was pretty much just shelves (and floor space) of fabric crammed in by color (or mostly so). It looked like this:
After a sweet lady at the fabric store told me about using comic book backers to help fold things uniformly–a trick that has, apparently, been around for awhile but was new to me–I decided this had to be fixed. I thought one weekend and 200 backers would suffice. WRONG. Two weekends (and 2 work days) and almost 300 backers later, it now looks like this:
It felt never-ending, but it was so worth it.
Re-organizing the fabric stash ultimately led to re-organizing the rest of the studio. I didn’t snap a before picture, but this corner previously held all my shipping supplies and a drafting table. Those have been moved to another room (pictures later, once I get it all set up), and new shelves were purchased, assembled and set up in the corner for even more (desperately needed) storage:
And, the corner I sew in stayed the same, but got more pictures and doo-dads on the walls:
My inspiration board had to move, too. Right now it looks like this:
I love inspiration boards. All the walls in my house would look like that, if I didn’t think I’d get hauled away to the nut-house when family/friends came over. For now, this one cork-board will have to suffice.
Now, I’m off to work in my newly organized and clean space!