This week started out with finishing up a couple projects–a pair of ruffled boy shorts (I’m extremely smitten with these, btw and I’ll be offering these in the shop as soon as I can get a photo shoot set up):
My final Kahlan Mother Confessor bustier replica! I’m really happy with this. It took a lot longer than I expected it to, but I took extensive notes and wrote out and drafted my pattern immediately after completing, so that I can (hopefully) make it in MUCH less time the next time around (and I already got an order for another full Kahlan costume, so we’ll find out in a few weeks):
Then on to a dress for a photo shoot. The dress started out as just the base, and looked like this pre-fitting:
After the fitting, the dress became just a tad bit shorter (ha! I have SHIRTS longer than this thing):
And then the draping began! I didn’t snap pictures of every single version (trust me, you should thank me for that), but I have a couple. Here’s one version that I liked an awful lot, but ended up being too bulky for what the client is going for:
A little less bulky, but still too much fabric:
Though I really liked the back of this one–I’m a fiend for a bustle (even if it’s not REALLY a bustle):
And, the final result (pre-hand sewing):
I’m currently trying madly to finish that baby up so that I can make a head piece and another pair of ruffled bloomers to go with it by SUNDAY. *gulp*
Wish me luck.
And send chocolate. And caffeine.